Monday, January 20, 2014

Learning About Tumblr vs Flickr via Twitter

Twitter sure has been a source of reflection and writing topics for me lately!

Ironically, after Doug Peterson mentioned my blog post from last week and commented on the onerous task of copying and pasting Twitter conversations, I found on Lisa Nielsen's blog a reference to Conweets. Hopefully this will illustrate my point in a more efficient (and visually appealing) way.

It started with a random question and has led to an informal Professional Learning Network group between three educators that have never met in person with a self-made assignment and cross-blogging dissemination plans. I'll let the conversation speak for itself!

Conversations between @mzmollytl & @mdhs_librarian


Sort conversations by oldest first

Started by mzmollytl on Jan 17, 2014
Sort tweets by latest first

Anyone else mix up Flickr & Tumblr? That's not like mixing up Star Wars & Star Trek, is it, b/c that'd be a big oops!mzmollytl tweeted on Jan 17, 2014 06:02Reply
@MzMollyTL All I know is that my sts all talk about Tumblr and I don't get it. Yet. It is high on my list of things to learn.mdhs_librarian replied on Jan 17, 2014 06:11Reply
@MDHS_Librarian @MzMollyTL I find my visual learners are all over it. Others really don't get it.nobleknits2 replied on Jan 17, 2014 06:49Reply
@nobleknits2 @MzMollyTL Mine tend to use it whenever they are asked for an assignment using blogging; many also use it for entertainment.mdhs_librarian replied on Jan 17, 2014 06:55Reply
@MDHS_Librarian @nobleknits2 So can you clarify the dif b/n Flickr & Tumblr for me? Thought I had both accounts, only have 1, do I need 2?mzmollytl replied on Jan 17, 2014 06:57Reply
@nobleknits2 @MzMollyTL Flckr lets you save your own photos; Tumblr is a visual blog.mdhs_librarian replied on Jan 17, 2014 06:58Reply
@MDHS_Librarian @nobleknits2 In the spirit of "no dumb Qs", can U read Tumblr blogs w/o joining? How can it differ from reg blogging w/ pix?mzmollytl replied on Jan 17, 2014 07:06Reply
@MzMollyTL @nobleknits2 You can read without joining. I don't know the difference b/w Tumblr and blogs with pics, but want to learn.mdhs_librarian replied on Jan 17, 2014 07:08Reply
@MDHS_Librarian @nobleknits2 Can we do a mini-PLN on this? We can cross-blog on our findings. DM me if you want to arrange privatelymzmollytl replied on Jan 17, 2014 08:23Reply
@MzMollyTL @nobleknits2 sounds like a great idea to memdhs_librarian replied on Jan 17, 2014 08:25

1 comment:

  1. I loves it when a plan comes together. :) Glad we got the wheels turning.

    ReplyDelete